Trauma and Orthopaedics
NCTU has been awarded funding from the British Orthopaedic Association (BOA) to support the development of clinical trials in trauma and orthopaedics in the UK.
Are you a registered member of the BOA and have an interest in trauma and orthopaedic research?
How we will support you:
- Sandpit events to develop study ideas
- Research co-production workshops (question development, networking)
- Orthopaedic Trials Research Day, preceding BOA annual congress
- Registration of appropriate T&O trials with the NIHR Associate PI scheme
- Patient and public involvement and engagement in T&O research
- New in-person and virtual training events for T&O Associate PIs/PIs/new CIs
- Funded places on other NCTU short courses, please see further information at Short Courses
If you already have some experience in T&O clinical trials, for example as a co- or chief investigator, and are looking to collaborate with an experienced CTU to plan a future study, we would love to hear from you. Please see Working with NCTU.
Funded places on our NCTU Short Courses
We are delighted to offer some new opportunities for BOA members and associates by funding a limited number of places on three NCTU short courses.
The courses on offer are:
· Fundamentals of Clinical Trials 5-day course: 16th – 20th May 2022 (Normally £800)
· Nottingham Systematic review course 4-day course: 28th June – 1st July 2022 (Normally £985)
· Introduction to Statistics 3-day course: 4th - 6th July 2022 (Normally £480)
To be considered for a fully funded place on a course, you need to be a BOA member (full or associate) and *:
- Have a demonstrable interest/track record in clinical trials research.
- Have relevant research experience as evidence by any of the following:
o Involvement in clinical research conduct
o Peer-reviewed publication
o Award of research funding
- Have completed or be registered for relevant PhD
- Have relevant external fellowship completed / in-progress
- Be a PI or Associate PI for clinical trial(s)
*The indicators above are not exhaustive and it is not intended that applicants must fulfil all.
To apply for your place on one of these courses, please complete this form
Any further enquiries please get in touch with us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please keep visiting this page for regular updates on our programme of training and engagement events and our research.